ARCHIVES 2007 -
- BZ to Mel McGraw's son, Andrew on being awarded a WC's Commendation. Click
- PENSION TRIAL BULLETIN # 1 from © The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada. Click (From Wish Walters) Mar 07
MILITARY VETERANS AGAINST CFSA BENEFIT REDUCTION AT AGE 65 Click 18 Mar 07
- Congratulations are extended to Ian Whitecross' wife Chris, on her promotion to BGen. Photo
- It is with deep regret that we publish the announcement from Don Summers of the passing of Gerry (Blinky) Clark in 1996. Obit 6 Mar
- Gerry Lindner and Lois Bevan tied the knot on 29 Nov 2006 in Hawaii. Congratulations folks! Photo
- Letter (Dick's Ramblins) from Dick Allen to fellow PE&R associates. (Click) 23 May 07
- Copy of a letter received by Dale Dirks regarding the CPP equalization reduction from CFSA. (Click) 22 May 07
- We regret to advise that Coonie Lefevre passed away in Jan 2007. He was is his 91st year. (From Bill Oliver) 17 Apr 07
- A discourse and petition on the restoration of "Royal" to the components of the CAF. (Click) 10 Jun 07
- Fred "Nick" Nickerson passed away last night, Wed 25 July in Dartmouth, NS. (Obit) 26 Jul 07
We are deeply sad to report that after 2 long years of difficult treatments, Paul Dorion has succumed to pancreatic cancer.On the evening of Friday the 14th of September, Paul passed away peacefully at home, surrounded by his family.
A celebration of life ceremony will take place Thursday at 2 PM at the Oakview Centre next to the YMCA on Mosley Street in Wasaga Beach. Ken Straight will be saying a few words. If anyone has any wishes or a story to pass on please e-mail Ken at email@example.com or call him at 705-429-1074. He stated that he would be pleased to pass it on. Donations will be accepted at the Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto for Pancreatic Cancer Research in his name. 16 Sep 07
- Lorna Burke an old friend of Bryan's and an ex-wren has advised us that Bryan De La Gorgendiere passed away April 17, 2006 in Abbotsford. Bryan was a former member of the RCN. Anyone with any further information are asked to please contact us. 7 Oct 07
- George Borden reports that Bill Lawrence is in an advanced state of alzhimers and under 24-7 care in Innisfail, Alberta. 7 Oct 07
- We deeply regret to advise that Chuck Lawson passed away in Digby General Hospital on October 30, 2007. A graveside and Masonic service will be held on Saturday, November 3, in Bayview United Church Cemetery in Digby at 11 AM. 2 Nov 07
Supporters Of The Military/RCMP Veterans' Campaign Against Pension Reduction At Age 65
. A supreme Court Of Ontario Judge recently ruled that military, RCMP and the public service are not entitled to the $30 billion surplus pension funds that the previous Government Of Canada removed from the pension fund. This class action suit has been active for this past decade and undoubtedly cost the Public Service Union and Military and RCMP Veterans Associations many millions of dollars in the process; only to receive a judgement in favour of the Government. The article extracted from the Ottawa Citizen linked below tells the complete story. KATHRYN MAY, Ottawa Citizen Published: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2 Nov 07
Our sympathy to Sam Magee on the loss of his wife Elizabeth A Magee CD, who passed away Sunday 9 Dec 2007 at 5:50 am.....Visiting Tuesday 11th, Service Wednesday 12th @ 11:00 am McIntosh Anderson....Reception Br 43 Royal Canadian Legion, Oshawa. Elizabeth was the Quebec Command CWAC Sgt-Major, Quebec Command Summer CWAC Camp Sgt-Major, Ontario Command CWAC Sgt-Major and Ontario Summer Camp CWAC Sgt-Major. Additionally, Elizabeth founded the Camp Borden Detachment, CWAC, training her girls for duty at/for the Ontario Government bunker while taking Basic Training. 12 Dec 07
I received this e-mail from Stu Hamilton about Pat Shetler, an old RCAF RecSpec. Pat's name is not mentioned in the Strays or in the History Section. With me being a grunt, I only remember his name being mentioned from way back; I did not know him personally.
Can anyone enlighten us about him and of his whereabouts?
"I don't see Pat Shetlers' name listed anywhere on your site. He left the Air Force in 1965(I think) and became an on ice official in the National Hockey League. I attended some of his hockey official clinics and also officiated with him at various levels.
I find your site very interesting, a lot of familiar names and faces as I was involved in several sports, in various capacities during my career in the military.
Keep up the good work.
Stu Hamilton" 17 Jan 08
FREE VIA RAIL TRAVEL DURING JULY 2008(From Fred Hummerstone) In a news release 26 Mar 08, VIA Rail announced that all current and retired members of the Canadian Forces, Reserve personnel, Department of National Defence employees, and Public Fund employees are offered free unlimited travel in Comfort class anywhere on VIA's network. during the month of July. With this special fare, members of the Canadian Forces can also bring up to five family members travelling with them at 50 per cent off the regular applicable fare.
For more information browse to:
or to reserve a ticket, go to viarail.ca/forces or call toll-free 1 888 VIA-Rail (1888 842-7245) or 1 800 268-9503 (hearing impaired). MORE INFO FROM MEL MCGRAW ON THE VIA "DEAL" (Click) 28 Mar 08